CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Quick Update

Ok, so I though I would do a quick update on whats going on with me. I am currently on CD 57 and on day 3 of provera/progesterone. The last time I was on provera it took about 15 days for it to induce my cycle. I am really hoping that it starts anytime after Tuesday so that I can make sure we have the money. This cycle we are planning on doing our first IUI, I am nervous, excited, and NERVOUS. lol

I'm not sure what to expect, I understand what the process is, but not real sure what to expect after. Like how do I treat my body after the procedure. Are there things I need to do, or not do. Some people say to eat pineapple, some people say not to do anything stressful. I assume that my RE will give me some guidelines to follow, but I would like to hear what some other RE's have said. So if any of y'all have had an IUI can you give me some guidelines to follow that your RE told you to follow? I want to make sure I do everything possible to ensure that this works... :)

Well that's all the stuff that's going on in my life, I look forward to hearing your advice. :) Love you all!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. I have no clue what you are supposed to do...but I am SUPER excited you are doing a IUI!! Sending lots of prayers and baby dust your way! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl!!! You are super sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really got an specific instructions for post IUI. Typically you stay lying down for about 20 minutes afterwards. I was on progesterone suppositories afterwards to support my luteal phase (and a potential pregnancy).

    Instructions post IVF were very specific, but that's in part because they place the embryo in the right spot and want to ensure it doesn't get dislodged,

    Good luck with your cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had an IUI so I can't be of help there. But I can wish you the best of luck and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that this is your month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had an IUI just had to go straight to IVF, but if your RE doesn't give you instructions I would just take it easy. Try to reduce as much stress as you can. Do some light exercise, but don't over do it. I ate pineapple from my transfer to 5 days after. And even if it's just a wife's tale, pineapple can't hurt. :) And you will probably be on progesterone. My fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything goes well for you. And I've heard pineapple is good for a few things but never that! :-)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't know if this is an old wives tale or what but a friend of mine had twins ... naturally, and twins do not run in her family or husband's either. she attributed it to the fact that she ate a sweet potato everyday. she just liked sweet potatoes, you know? she did this for months, maybe close to a year. she said she was told afterwards that in some remote african villages, yams or sweet potatoes [however you refer to them personally] are known as fertility food.
    i dunno, i'm just saying. might be worth a try, who knows?

    good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard about the sweet potato for twins thing and I've read the article about the African village. It's really interesting. A friend of mine did the pineapple thing - had to be fresh - and she got so sick of pineapple in the end.

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your first IUI! I was told after my first was to drink lots of milk. Not sure it did any good, but I suppose it didn't do any harm either.

    ICLW
    http://oncewithfeeling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to wish you luck. I hope you find your BFP really soon.

    Happy ICLW (#64)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had 2 IUIs, and I think you just need to lay there for about 20 minutes after. I was told I could resume normal activites after that, even moderate exercise (as long as you normally do that). I am sure your doctor can answer this best though. Good luck to you!!!
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I've never done IUIs just IVFs but I totally agree with the eliminating stress! Eating organically, doing acupuncture, adding yoga, and getting plenty of rest is always best too. I really hope this is it for you!!! Happy ICLW!! (Stress Free Infertility #94)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your IUI! I haven't ever had one, but from what I have heard, you usually can just resume your normal activities.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best wishes with your IUI. I've never done one--went straight to donor FET, but I suggest taking it easy--not so much because of the procedure--just more for "no regrets" about what you shoulda woulda coulda done.

    I'd love to follow along to see how it goes!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went straight to IVF, but I don't think it could hurt to act PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise). Look after yourself, eat well, rest, relax and try not to think about it too much. (Hah! As if that's possible!) Best of luck! Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck!!! I just had my first IUI as well. My OB had me lay on the table for 15 minutes afterward, with no other specific instructions. I tried to relax the rest of the afternoon though.
    ICLW156

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are starting with a new RE Wednesday and will hopefully be doing our first IUI this summer. Good luck with yours!

    ICLW #130

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every doctor is different. I did about 5 IUIs and my RE never had any specific restrictions afterward. In fact, he said to do everything like normal. I usually went to work afterward (though it's a good excuse to make yourself go home and relax!), we didn't have to wait for any length of time. The nurse said that the IUI makes sure everything is where it needs to be, so there's no need to wait 20 minutes like some people do. We usually just chilled out for 10 minutes or so.

    One piece of advice I always give is to find a focal point. My IUIs tended to be somewhat painful because I have a small cervix. I shouldn't say painful, but just uncomfortable and a bit pinchy. (Please know that many many women have them and there is little or no pain whatsoever.) I just found after doing so many that the pinching wasn't nearly as bad when I had a point to focus on. I'd put on my ipod and focus on the point and it would be over before I knew it. Just worked for me really well. The biggest thing is to relax as much as you can because when you're tense it makes things harder.

    WIshing you all the best and hoping that IUI is your ticket!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just try to take it easy on that day. I got no extra special instructions other than lay down for 10 minutes, and lay on the side if all the follies were growing on one side.
    I would say insist on getting progesterone suppositories even if your RE says it's only a sugarpill.

    Come on Pro.vera, bring on that IUI cycle!!!

    Happy ICLW
    #155

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Everyone for your warm wishes and great advice. :) You ladies ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...

*Please Note: If you leave a comment on this blog, please keep the language rated PG.*