CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

How infertility impacts my relationships...

For the Negative...

My relationship with my Family was getting bad. I was constantly getting "Why don't we ever see you" from my mother, and "Why are you ashamed of have IF problems" from my oldest sister, and all I would do is go home, sit on my couch, read blogs, and watch A Baby Story and cry my eyes out. I wonder, "What If I completely ruin my relationship with my family?". I realize that I need to be more open with my family, and make sure that they are involved in my life.

I almost lost my best friend, because she had a baby and wanted to give me space and because my pride got in the way. We are working on renewing our friendship.

For the Positive...

Through IF I have met some of the sweetest people I could ever know. I have so many new friends, that will last a life time.

There are many outlets for people TTC (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, Chat Rooms) but not nearly enough as there should be.

I am starting to realize that I am not alone, there are many, many people who are going through the same stuff and some even worse than I could ever imagine.

I realize that I can not let Infertility define me... I need to start being more positive and be more active.

I know I am loved by many people, some people that I have never met in person.

"What if I start taking control of my Infertility and stop letting Infertility control me?"

I know the time is coming when WE will fill our NEST.

Links

To understand more about infertility: www.resolve.org/infertility101.

Info about National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW): www.resolve.org/takecharge.

Project IF: http://www.stirrup-queens.com/2010/04/bloggers-unite-project-if/

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. I feel like I have almost let a lot of my relationships with my friends who are pregnant (and there are a LOT of them) be affected by my pride. I guess pride isn't the right word...maybe shame of not being pregnant would be better....I am sprinkling lots of baby dust your way. I'm glad we met through twitter!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...

*Please Note: If you leave a comment on this blog, please keep the language rated PG.*